A guide to turning up the volume in your library.

Monday, July 31, 2006

On Lip-Synching


Sorry to jump in here, but what was going to be a comment turned into a missive.

Lip-synching contests (see Jaina's post below) might sound absolutely dorky, but I've watched some public access programming lately (I know, PA TV -- the height of cool) where high schoolers were going wild over it. They were cheering in the auditorium like it was American Idol meets High School Musical. I will try to figure out what school was doing it and find out what strategies contributed to the success. Our first Amped Lib interview, maybe?

This kind of event would have to skirt that fine line that says "It's so nerdy, it's hip," methinks.

Plus, you could have a big educational display and handouts on lip-synching through the ages -- highlighting books on how music videos are made (Gasp!! They mouth the words??) or articles about this fine list of shamed singers. An exhibit with various news sources on Milli Vanilli and Ashlee Simpson . . . fun topic!

Oh man, I'm definitely going to use this theme for my IL demo searches this quarter.

To be continued?

--------------------

I add my eternal thanks to Pop Goes the Library. Apparently, neither focus nor discipline nor careful editing are required to acheive genius status these days. ;)

And "cool girl on the bus," I ain't. (Don't you love it how nobody was popular in high school when asked later?) My glasses were too thick. My brother is a smart jock and my sister is a high school senior with mad art skillz, though, so maybe I get rub-off points.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mach10 said...

Hehe, truly. My bad.

I guess I did do National Science Fair, National 4-H (on my Sci Fa project), Astronomy Camp, Mineral Education Program for Young Scholars, Youth Theology Institute, Ayn Rand essay contests, Mountain Man Rendevous(es), the Rural Electric Youth Tour . . .

Free educational trips make you cool, right?

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Mach10 said...

And posting comments on your own blog makes your coolness radiate like the sun.

10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home