A guide to turning up the volume in your library.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Internet Buzzzzzzzz
(Fa fa fa fa fa fa-fa)






I have a few twenty-something girlfriends giddy about this, but I'm sure teens will pounce on it as well.


The Nutshell:
Fafarazzi is fantasy football for celebrities. You set up a "team" of famous-type-people and then get points for how many times they appear in magazines -- particularly US Weekly, I believe. Cover stories count for extra, etc. REVIEW LINK

According to Best Week Ever, the idea came from an ESPN guy, hehe.

How does this apply to teen services? Well, I admit the music connection is shaky at best, but last week I stumbled upon a library teen program which HAS a fantasy football league.

Uber-clever, I thought. You'd have to contact the library for the specifics, but I don't think a fafarazzi team would be that far-fetched.

BTW, do you like the mini-posts or the one-big-list posts? I'll do a few mini-posts today so you can get the full comparative impact. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home