A guide to turning up the volume in your library.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm in the middle of listening to BoingBoing's interview with Chris Anderson, editor of Wired, and author of the Long Tail.

(Libraries and the Long Tail -- now there's a publish-worthy topic.)

Just after 10 minutes on the MP3, he gives an incredibly concise and thorough assessment of the direction of the music industry and distribution models.

Then they start talking about the Google/YouTube acquisition and Banned Books week, so if you do listen to the first part you may want to just keep on keeping on . . .

And this from Billboard biz:

In another major week for new releases, Evanescence's "The Open Door" bows at No. 1 on The Billboard 200.

Why have I heard of all the No. 1 artists this year? They are supposed to be new and obscure teeny-boppers (in my mind) or pop-primped Idol-groomed one hit wonders. The artists that rose to popularity when I was in college have staying power, it seems.

1 Comments:

Blogger rakerman said...

Err, Lorcan already wrote an article about Libraries and the Long Tail.

I gave my thoughts in academic content and the Long Tail.

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home