A guide to turning up the volume in your library.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Hmm, Blogger seems to be eating all our new posts. Otherwise, Jaina has removed some. I'll have to ask her. (UPDATE: Firefox doesn't register any of our last three posts for some reason. Shenanigans!)

One thing I found out last week about making promises online: your Internets will immediately black out, with no hope of reconnecting for days. Be warned.

Good news for those who actually like us to update (as opposed to the MAKE THE BAD LIBRARIANS STOP demographic) -- my library is all moved, and we can start daily posts
again. AND my Internet connection has been restored. So I can put away my paper bag and breathe easier.

I just finished picking apart the new amazing issue of WIRED. It says a lot about our age when WIRED has a more revealing glance at the music industry in one issue than the rest of the music publications all year long.

In the meantime -- here's my little teen services programming dream:








1. Get a big library meeting space, a bunch of teens and five televisions.
2. Beg, borrow or rent the appropriate amount of video game hardware.
3. Set off Dance Dance Revolution Universe in one corner.
(After that version debuts, I mean -- with marathon dancing and online competition capacity? Fun!)
4. Start jammin' a little Guitar Hero from another part of the room.
(Or Guitar Hero II, if you are attempting this after Nov. 7th 2006. "Rhythm, lead or base" options!!)
5. Add a healthy dose of Donkey Konga.
6. Go to town with Karaoke Revolution in the last corner available.
7. Mix in Amplitude from the very center of the room.
8. Check your noise levels, so that eardrums are safe.

The resulting sounds would probably be less beautiful noise than window shattering cacophony -- but I think it has YouTube potential -- whatever the result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home